CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Waiting!!!

We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our 5th child. The children keep asking how many more days until their new little brother will be here! I wish I knew!!! Randy went to Ft. Worth, TX, last week to get his mother and bring her down. It has been so good to have her here. She has been a tremendous help, especially during the last few days as my strength has been running out! Waiting is always the hardest part. I was reminded tonight of Isaiah 40:31 which says, "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." What a relief in the reminder!!! I will have more strength. I will soon be able to run again and soon will be able to walk and not waddle! Please continue to pray that the end of my pregnancy goes well and that I won't let the weariness get me down.

We have finally had a relief from the intense heat! Praise the Lord!!! Almost every day for the past week, we have had rain and thunderstorms. Several times, it has practically rained through the night! I have enjoyed the sound of the rain, also. It brought back many memories from my childhood when my family lived in a house with a tin roof and I remembered how relaxing the sound was! I must say, it has been a pleasant relief from the stress of pregnancy.

As I look ahead at a new week in front of us, I pray that God will send you a special blessing. He has done so many wonderful things in our lives and blessed us beyond measure. When I get down and discouraged, I count my blessings, as the old hymn says, to get myself back on track. Sometimes, "it will surprise you what the Lord hath done!" God has done marvelous things for all of us. So, when I feel the pressures of life weighing me down, I think back to all that God has done to bring me to where I am today, and it seems then I feel all the heaviness lifted. There IS peace in knowing that He is in control. There IS help and comfort. What a mighty God we serve!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment