Much has happened since the last time I was able to post. We left my parents' house today after spending two weeks with them. We had a wonderful time! My Daddy took Lee hunting and they had a great time. Lee told Daddy he saw a deer and Daddy was able to get a doe. The next day they went out, they got a 6-point buck! They were so excited!!! Later, he took Randy, Lee, Cynthia and Andrew to the woods to get his tree stand and ride 4-wheelers!
Andrew turned 6 and Caleb turned 2 while we were in Virginia! William turned 3 months old. He now weighs 7 pounds and 12 ounces. We thank God for all of our children and that they are in good health.
While at my parents' house, I spent one Thursday in the hospital. I had severe abdominal pain and after Randy took me to the hospital and they gave me some pain medication, I felt much better. Thankfully, it wasn't something that required surgery. However, after running many tests, they never were really able to say what exactly the problem was.
My brother and his family came and spent the day with us on Thanksgiving and we celebrated Christmas with them as well since we will be in Texas for Christmas. We had a wonderful time together. But as all trips to visit the Grandparents go, it has to come to an end. But today was a beautiful day with SNOW!!!!!!!!!! We were so thankful to see it although it wasn't enough to play in. We are hoping and praying that in January when we go back for a visit, they will get enough snow to play in. We are very thankful for the time we were able to spend in Virginia. We were also able to see some of my Aunts and Uncles and many friends. Next Thanksgiving will be very different for us and I couldn't help but thank God even more for this short amount of time that He allowed us to spend with my family.
As we leave the Thanksgiving season and dive into the Christmas season, the thing I am most thankful for is the gift of God's Son, Jesus, my Saviour. As I get older, I realize even more how much the two holidays go hand in hand. Even though these two holidays are only celebrated during November and December, we should celebrate them all year long. So many people do not know the wonderful story of Christmas. We are getting ready to live in a country that doesn't celebrate Christmas. At first, I was not fond of the idea of living somewhere that didn't celebrate Christmas. I then realized what a great job God was giving us in taking the Good News of Jesus and Christmas to a country that has many people who have never heard of Him. May we never take for granted the wonderful story of the love God had for us in that He gave His one and only Son. I look forward to learning a new language in order to share God's love with someone who doesn't even know that God loves them. It isn't just a story. It is HIS story!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment