It is with mixed emotions that I sit here and type one last blog from the United States. My family will move to Thailand in less than 24 hours!!! God has truly blessed and led the way through every turn over the last year, preparing us for this great change in our lives. My mother-in-law gave me a wonderful devotion book for Christmas that has been a tremendous blessing in my life. It is entitled Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, who is also the wife of a third-generation missionary who switched fields. This devotional book was written from the perspective of what this lady felt like God was saying to her through verses in the Bible. I feel like this book was written just for me! The Lord has helped me find a greater peace through this book. Not too many weeks ago, when I was struggling emotionally with the thoughts of our move, there was an entry that really touched me and has continuously come to mind over the last few days as I have gone through things and separated more of my belongings to be sent later instead of taking them now and contemplated the fact that we will be farther away from our families for a longer period of time than ever before. One of the verses for this particular day was Isaiah 41:13 which says, "For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee." The words on the page of the devotional page jumped out at me. "THIS IS A TIME IN YOUR LIFE WHEN YOU MUST LEARN TO LET GO: of loved ones, of possessions, of control. In order to let go of something that is precious to you, you need to rest in My Presence, where you are complete. Take time to bask in the Light of My Love. As you relax more and more, your grasping hand gradually opens up, relaxing your prized possession into My care. You can feel secure, even in the midst of cataclysmic changes, through awareness of My continual Presence. The One who never leaves you is the same One who never changes: I am the same yesterday, today, and forever. As you release more and more things into My care, remember that I never let go of your hand. Herein lies your security, which no one and no circumstance can take from you." Oh, how I have felt the security of my heavenly Father over the past few days. May I continue to hold onto His hand as I "let go" of this hemisphere and all it has been to me and all it has held for me. May I continue to feel His peace in the midst of change. I send a special thank you to my mother-in-law for this little book which has meant more to me than she could ever imagine. And, a special thank you to my mother who listened and cried with me as I shared this book with her and showed her the many things that Jesus has said to me this year. I love you both so very much!!!
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Gwendolyn,
ReplyDeleteWe are praying! I can only imagine how you are feeling. I was terrified when we moved to Mexico. What I was afraid of was the unknowns. But God is with you every step and I know that soon you will be as acclimated to Thailand as you were to Mexico. I am sure that you have alot of peace knowing that so many friends and family love you guys and are praying for you. We love you guys.
Marty
Gwen, we have really been thinking of you and praying for you. We are also very sensitive to your children's need for prayer as well, since all of this transitioning certainly can not be easy on them either. We love you and are so very proud of you!
ReplyDelete