CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Another Year

Another year, another birthday! Thank you, Lord, for another year. Another year that was full of surprises. Another year that brought about moving from one place to another. Another year that brought another baby into our lives. Another year of ups and downs. BUT best of all, another year that God was with me! This time last year, I was pregnant, living in Mexico and getting ready for a big move. Little did I know ALL that would happen in one year's time! God protected and watched over me through an emergency cesarean that brought our little miracle, William, into this big world. God sent special people along the way to help with the packing while I was recuperating. God gave me special things all through the traveling to help with the children and my sanity! He let me know in His own special way that I was where He wanted me to be. I knew things would be hectic but I also knew He would be with me. Each day, God sends me something - whether through His Word or another person or just the thoughts He gives me through the day. Today, that special "something" came in the form of a birthday card. I want to share it with you because it was so special to me. Every person who reads this can apply it to their own life. Ecclesiastes 3:1 says "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." God's purpose for me today included many things but the most important one was serving Him where He has placed me. So throughout my 36-hour birthday (as it starts on one side of the world and stretches to the other!), maybe another one of God's purposes for me today is to share these thoughts with you. God bless each one of you!

"Just think ... You are not here by chance, but by God's choosing.

Just think ... His hand formed you and made you the person you are.

Just think ... He compares you to no on else - You are one of a kind.

Just think ... You lack nothing that His grace can't give you.

Just think ... He has allowed you to be here at this time in history

To fulfill His special purpose for this generation."

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a great birthday, Gwen. And, love the little thoughts from your birthday card!

    ReplyDelete