CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Visit From Family

It has been a few weeks since I posted, but we have been busy having fun!!! Randy's Mom and Aunt were able to come and visit for two weeks! As I type, Randy has taken them to the airport and they should be boarding their plane sometime within the next hour. We hated to see them go, but as I told Cynthia last night, "If they don't go, they can't come back!" They are already planning another trip.

It was such a surprise for the children. We didn't let them know that Mama and Aunt Mary were coming. Lee overheard Randy telling someone that his Mama was coming but missed the part about Aunt Mary so he was still surprised. What fun we had watching their faces that Wednesday morning as they came downstairs as saw Mama and Aunt Mary sitting in our dining room! I was going to post the video I took, but apparently, my camera didn't record when I pushed the button! I was so sad when I realized this morning that the video didn't work. :(

While they were here, we were able to take them to some of our new favorite restaurants, went sightseeing, visited a temple and the Grand Palace, and, of course, we went shopping!!!

Also, William turned one year old! It is amazing how fast the time flies. Just one year ago, my mother-in-law was with us for his birth - in Mexico! This year, she had to fly half-way around the world to be here for his 1st birthday!

Please pray for them as they have a long flight ahead of them. And then, there will be jet lag as they get adjusted back to their time zone. We are now counting down to the next visit from family in the States. My parents are coming for two weeks in October and my Daddy will be here for his birthday! We are hoping to keep this visit a surprise from the children also but it is going to be hard considering how long it is until their visit.

God bless you all and thank you for your prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment