CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 12, 2010

"All I Want For Christmas Is ..."

"... a Christmas tree with ornaments!" That is what I told Randy several weeks ago. And, I got it!!! Early, of course, and it obviously has made it "feel" more like Christmas really is this month. This year, I already have in mind what I would like to get the children for Christmas. Since the Christmas holiday is not officially celebrated in Thailand, the children don't see all kinds of advertisements on the television about "Christmas toy gift ideas." That's been kind of nice because they haven't been selfishly saying, "I want that" or "I HAVE to have one of those!". Although this Christmas will be very different for us, we rejoice in the fact that we have the CHRIST of Christmas living in our hearts. The sad truth this Christmas is all around us - people who don't have the joy of knowing Christ as their personal Saviour. So, the real question shouldn't be "What do I want for Christmas?". Rather, it should be, "What does HE want from me for Christmas?" The only person who can answer that question is you. Only you know what Christ wants from you. Maybe it is to change something in your life or some bad habit. Maybe it is greater service for Him. Maybe it is a greater love for the unsaved. Or for someone, maybe it is your heart. Whatever the case may be, He wants something from us. Not just because it is Christmas, but because He IS the King of Kings and we should celebrate His birth every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment