Our year got off to a quick start! We are all trying to adjust to new schedules with school. The children start their classes at 8 a.m. so that they can get most, if not all, of their school work done by the time Randy and I leave for school. We have a very tight schedule but thankfully we know this is only a temporary situation! Randy and I leave for class on Monday and Wednesday at 11:30 a.m. when the Nanny arrives. If the traffic isn't too bad, we are able to get a quick lunch on the way. When our class is out at 3 p.m., he goes on to another school for several hours while I go home. It is usually about 5:30 p.m. when I arrive home to make sure the children get supper before their Thai class and then have them bathed and in bed by 8:30 p.m. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, Randy leaves in the morning around 8:30 and is in school until the evenings. Depending on his classes, he is usually home around 9:30 p.m. On Fridays, Randy and I have class like on Monday and Wednesday. We both come home from school together on Friday because Randy teaches an English and Bible class that evening at the church where we attend. Saturday we have a free day to spend with the children. We try to get all the school work caught up and do something fun together before Randy has to teach another English and Bible class. On Sunday morning, Randy teaches English and Bible during Sunday School and then we go to the regular morning service together. Sunday afternoon we rest and get ready for the week ahead. I know, this is a very scheduled week but it is for a greater purpose. As our Thai gets better, we will be able to "let up" some on this schedule and have more time at home. We praise the Lord for what He is doing in our lives. Although it may be difficult, it doesn't compare to the "difficult" He went through for us. We are thankful to be able to serve Him in whatever capacity we can. Please pray for us as we go through this time of learning. May the Lord find us faithful. As Paul asked the saints in Ephesus, we also ask that you pray for us, "that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel," Ephesians 6:19

Dearest Gwendolyn,
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you. Keep up the good work!
I always enjoy reading your posts, although I don't always leave a comment.
With love and prayers from Chiapas,
Anna