CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Living in the Closeness of God

Now that we have gotten settled in more or less, our daily lives now have a schedule. I am more dependent now than ever on my morning time with God. The little devotional book I have is becoming more and more special to me. It truly does seem as if it was written for me! Yesterdays entry began, "You are on the path of My choosing. There is no randomness about your life. Here and Now comprise the coordinates of your daily life." I most definitely am in the path God has for me because if I was truly honest, I would have to say that I probably wouldn't have chosen the road I am on. I am enjoying the newness of every day and everything that it holds for me. The first few weeks have been fairly easy, however, we start language school tomorrow and I will most definitely need more prayer! Friday, Randy and I went to look at the school that we believe God has led us to. A lady there showed us the curriculum and all I can say is wow! There are 44 letters in the Thai alphabet but now they only use 42 because of the similarities between a few of the letters. All the letters are divided into three groups depending on tones and then there are vowels and final letter! They don't use spacing or punctuation. This is going to be a major hurdle for us and surely won't be as easy as learning Spanish!

Today's entry in my devotional book began like this: "Living in dependence on Me is the way to enjoy abundant life. You are learning to appreciate tough times, because they amplify your awareness of My Presence . . . When you feel tired, you remember that I am your Strength." Tougher days are ahead for us, needless to say. But I am truly thankful for an omniscient God who knows what lies on the path in front of me. Only He can provide the strength for each day that I will need. I am comforted in knowing that the farther I go down this path, the more He can use me for His glory. He never promised life would be easy, but praise the Lord, He promised He would be there with us! My mind goes to verses that I heard frequently in college, "Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." - Hebrews 13:20&21. I am determined to be dependent on God through my weaknesses that I may enjoy an abundant life while He is perfecting me to serve Him in a greater capacity.

1 comment:

  1. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you... James 4:8a

    Praying for you and loving you during this transitional time in your life!

    ReplyDelete